past tense of rewrite
Synonyms & Antonyms of rewrote
See the Dictionary Definition
to write (something) again especially in a different way in order to improve it or to include new information
- The teacher asked him to rewrite the essay.
- I had to rewrite the computer program.
Synonyms & Near Synonyms for rewrote
Antonyms & Near Antonyms for rewrote
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Words of Snow and Ice Quiz Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Toys and Games Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game