present participle of rewrite
Synonyms & Antonyms of rewriting
See the Dictionary Definition
to write (something) again especially in a different way in order to improve it or to include new information
- The teacher asked him to rewrite the essay.
- I had to rewrite the computer program.
Synonyms & Near Synonyms for rewriting
Antonyms & Near Antonyms for rewriting
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Words of Snow and Ice Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game