present participle of remind
Synonyms & Antonyms of reminding
See the Dictionary Definition
to make (someone) think about something again
- She'll forget to call the doctor if you don't remind her.
- Remind me to buy some groceries after work.
- I constantly have to be reminded how to pronounce her name.
- I had to remind him that we were supposed to leave early.
Synonyms & Near Synonyms for reminding
- flashing back (to),
- harkening back (to),
- harking back (to),
- hearkening back (to)
- (or harkening back (to)),
- [chiefly dialect],
- reminiscing (about),
- thinking (of)
Antonyms & Near Antonyms for reminding
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- A Thanksgiving Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Great Scrabble Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game