present tense third-person singular of remind
Synonyms & Antonyms of reminds
See the Dictionary Definition
to make (someone) think about something again
- She'll forget to call the doctor if you don't remind her.
- Remind me to buy some groceries after work.
- I constantly have to be reminded how to pronounce her name.
- I had to remind him that we were supposed to leave early.
Synonyms & Near Synonyms for reminds
- flashes back (to),
- harkens back (to),
- harks back (to),
- hearkens back (to)
- (or harkens back (to)),
- [chiefly dialect],
- reminisces (about),
- thinks (of)
Antonyms & Near Antonyms for reminds
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Words of Snow and Ice Quiz Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Toys and Games Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game