prick up one's earsphrase
Synonyms & Antonyms of prick up one's ears
to pay attention especially through the act of hearing
- He pricked up his ears when he heard us discussing pizza for dinner.
Synonyms for prick up one's ears
Near Antonyms for prick up one's ears
Antonyms for prick up one's ears
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game