present participle of nark, British
Synonyms & Antonyms of narking
See the Dictionary Definition
to disturb the peace of mind of (someone) especially by repeated disagreeable acts
- during the war some of the British were narked by their American allies, who were perceived as arrogant
Synonyms for narking
Words Related to narking
- (also ballyragging),
- (or devilling),
- freaking (out),
Phrases Synonymous with narking
Near Antonyms for narking
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game