holding a brief forphrase
present participle of hold a brief for
Synonyms & Antonyms of holding a brief for
See the Dictionary Definition
to promote the interests or cause of
- They are staunchly independent and don't hold a brief for any political party.
Synonyms for holding a brief for
Words Related to holding a brief for
Phrases Synonymous with holding a brief for
Near Antonyms for holding a brief for
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game