plural of ballast
Synonyms of ballasts
See the Dictionary Definition
heavy material (such as rocks or water) that is put on a ship to make it steady or on a balloon to control its height in the air —often used figuratively
- A large amount of ballast kept the boat from capsizing.
- She provided the ballast the family needed in times of stress.
Synonyms & Near Synonyms for ballasts
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Original Meanings Quiz Take the quiz
- July 2020 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game