Synonyms & Antonyms of absolutism
a system of government in which the ruler has unlimited power
- concerning absolutism Lord Acton famously observed that "absolute power corrupts absolutely"
Synonyms for absolutism
Words Related to absolutism
Near Antonyms for absolutism
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game