Medical Definition of terazosin
: a drug taken orally in the form of its hydrated hydrochloride C19H25N5O4·HCl·2H2O in the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia and hypertension Other studies have shown that terazosin is more effective in smaller prostates, where contraction of smooth muscle is the major problem, while finasteride is more likely to be effective in larger prostates which contain many more epithelial cells.— Simeon Margolis, The Baltimore Sun, 26 Nov. 1996
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game