Medical Definition of reverse anorexia
: muscle dysmorphia Experts say a growing number of people may be taking steroids for psychological reasons to counter a lack of self-esteem. There's even a name for it: reverse anorexia.— Patrick May, The San Jose Mercury News, 21 June 2002
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game