reverse geneticsnoun plural but singular in construction
Medical Definition of reverse genetics
: genetics that is concerned with genetic material whose nucleotide sequence is known and that analyzes its contribution to the phenotype of the organism by varying the nucleotide sequence and observing the results of such variation in the living organism, in living cells, or in vitro on macromolecules
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?