variants: or non-replicating
Medical Definition of nonreplicating
1 : not undergoing or marked by replication nonreplicating viruses non-replicating DNA
2 : containing an inactivated pathogen (such as a virus) incapable of replication nonreplicating vaccines
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game