medical Definition of hyperreactive
- Because of their association with the trauma, many victims seem to be hyperreactive to sounds and sights other children don't respond to.
- —Kate McGraw, The News Journal (Wilmington, Delaware), 29 Apr. 2009
- Interior surface cells of the bronchial passages were destroyed and the airways became hyper-reactive to outside stimuli.
- —Harold M. Schmeck, Jr., The New York Times, 31 Jan. 1989
hyperreactivityplay \-(ˌ)rē-ˌak-ˈtiv-ət-ē\ also hyper-reactivity noun plural hyperreactivities
- bronchial hyperreactivity