Medical Definition of erysipeloid
(Entry 1 of 2)
: an acute dermatitis resembling erysipelas that is caused by the bacterium of the genus Erysipelothrix (E. rhusiopathiae) that causes swine erysipelas, is typically marked by usually painful reddish purple lesions especially on the hands, and that is contracted by direct contact with infected animal flesh
Medical Definition of erysipeloid (Entry 2 of 2)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game