Medical Definition of denosumab
: a drug that is a genetically engineered monoclonal antibody that reduces bone resorption and increases bone mass by inhibiting osteoclast formation and function and that is administered by injection to prevent fractures associated with osteoporosis and malignant tumors of bone and to treat hypercalcemia associated with various cancers
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?