Medical Definition of delayed-release
: designed to delay release of a drug in the body (as through the use of enteric coatings) usuallty until it passes through the stomach into the small intestine … the effects of the ingestion of delayed-release preparations may not be fully manifested for hours.— N. Stuart Harris, The New England Journal of Medicine, 10 Aug. 2006
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game