Medical Definition of delayed hypersensitivity
: hypersensitivity (as in a tuberculin test) which is mediated by T cells and in which the typical symptoms of inflammation and induration appear in an individual previously exposed to an antigen after an interval of 12 to 48 hours following a subsequent exposure (as by injection of the antigen under the skin)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game