variants: or breathwork
Medical Definition of breath work
: conscious, controlled breathing done especially for relaxation, meditation, or therapeutic purposes Western practitioners believe yoga's deeply relaxing breath work allows the body's healing abilities to take over.— Norine Dworkin, Psychology Today, March/April 2001
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Looking at ‘Bothsidesing’
- On ‘Infringe,’ ‘Encroach,’ and ‘Impinge’
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/20/19
- A Note on the Nonbinary 'They'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?