Definition of coursework
: work that is assigned or performed as part of a course of study The rigorous program combines coursework in … engineering and seminar classes in the ethical, legal, regulatory, communication, and business aspects of the biotechnology industry with over a thousand hours of research.— Angela Trepanier Colleges and universities often offer discounted tuition for those 55 and older to partake in most coursework within their catalog (ranging from physical education to Eastern philosophy).— Dr. Andrew Weil When Brandenn was four, his parents started him on the Perkins County elementary-school coursework, and within two years he'd finished the fourth-grade curriculum.— Eric Konigsberg
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game