Medical Definition of autoimmune hepatitis
: chronic hepatitis occurring as a result of an immune system attack on cells of the liver The presentation of autoimmune hepatitis is heterogeneous, and the clinical course may be characterized by periods of decreased or increased activity; thus, clinical manifestations are variable.— Edward L. Krawitt, The New England Journal of Medicine, 5 Jan. 2006
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/24/19
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Challenging Vocabulary Quiz Returns! Take the quiz
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game