Medical Definition of autoaggressive
: relating to or being antibodies or T cells that attack the molecules, cells, or tissues of the organism producing them : autoimmune Ideally, one would like to modulate or eliminate the autoaggressive T cells but leave the remaining immune system intact.— Hartmut Wekerle and Reinhard Hohlfeld, The New England Journal of Medicine, 10 July 2003
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game