Medical Definition of antiendotoxin
: a substance (such as an antibody) that inhibits or counteracts the effects of a bacterial endotoxin Antiendotoxin would potentially block the effects of endotoxin in patients with sepsis. — Joanne L. Wright, in Thurlbeck's Pathology of the Lung, 3rd edition, 2005 To date, treatments with antiendotoxin agents … have not been effective in saving lives in either traumatic or septic shock.— Robert M. Hardaway, Military Medicine, April 2006
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game