variants: also anti-dopaminergic
Medical Definition of antidopaminergic
: inhibiting or blocking the neurotransmitter activity of dopamine or related substances Acute dystonia in children is nearly always the result of exposure to an antidopaminergic agent such as a neuroleptic, or antiemetic. — Atlas of Pediatric Emergency Medicine, 2004 … none of our patients had extrapyramidal signs suggestive of an anti-dopaminergic effect.— Richard J. Wyatt et al., Science, 22 Sept. 1972
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?