medical Definition of antalgic
- Without even thinking about it, we adjust the way we walk to avoid putting too much pressure on a creaky joint because otherwise it hurts. Experts call this the antalgic … or pain avoidance, gait.
- —Harvard Health Letter, February 2009
- The patient came into my office with the classic antalgic stoop. She was bent over almost 90 degrees …
- —Douglas R. Briggs, Dynamic Chiropractic, 29 Jan. 2008
- an antalgic spine
- It is necessary to reduce catecholamine increase due to pain caused by the burn agents, by administering adequate antalgic therapy.
- —B. Mazzarella et al., in The Management of Mass Burn Casualties and Fire Disasters, 1992
- an antalgic effect