Medical Definition of alloimmunization
: isoimmunization Transfusions are effective in preventing many complications of sickle cell disease, but the iron overload and alloimmunization that result from repeated transfusions can complicate treatment.— Miguel R. Abboud, The New England Journal of Medicine, 10 Dec. 2009
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game