Medical Definition of alloimmune
: of, relating to, or characterized by isoimmunization Various studies over the past decade have indicated that the alloimmune response, mediated by anti-HLA antibodies, plays a key role in the failure of kidney allografts; this concept has been extended to heart, lung, and composite tissue transplants.— Alexandre Loupy et al., The New England Journal of Medicine, 26 Sept. 2013
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?