Charcot-Leyden crystalsnoun plural
Medical Definition of Charcot-Leyden crystals
: minute, colorless crystals found in bodily tissues or discharges (as of sputum or feces) that are released from eosinophils during degranulation and are indicative of an inflammatory response especially to parasitic infections or allergic states (such as asthma)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?