zone of employment
Legal Definition of zone of employment
: the area in and around a place of employment that is under the control of the employer
Note: For workers' compensation purposes, an injury to an employee going to or coming from work in the zone of employment is sometimes considered to have occurred in the course of employment.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game