zone of interest
Legal Definition of zone of interest
— called also zone of interests
Note: The interest of a party seeking to enforce a law or guarantee in a challenge to an action by the government (as by an administrative agency) must fall within the zone of interest protected by the law or guarantee in question, and the party must have suffered an injury in fact to that interest.
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game