Legal Definition of preemptive right
2 : the right of a shareholder to buy shares of newly issued stock in proportion to existing holdings before a public offering is made in order to prevent dilution of ownership interest or seizure of majority control by management
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game