preexisting duty rulenoun
Legal Definition of preexisting duty rule
Note: This rule is not applicable to sales contracts in jurisdictions that have enacted the Uniform Commercial Code. It is also not applicable where there has been a rescission of the contract followed by a new contract.
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game