Legal Definition of false light
Note: The false light cause of action is not recognized in all jurisdictions. Where it is recognized, the misrepresentation creating the false light does not need to be defamatory, but it must be offensive or objectionable to a reasonable person and made with knowledge of its inaccuracy.
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game