Office of Justice Programs(OJP)Agency
Legal Definition of Office of Justice Programs
Justice Department agency charged with assisting federal, state, local, and tribal governments with developing more efficient and effective crime prevention and control measures. OJP works with federal, state, local government officials to control drug abuse and trafficking, rehabilitate crime-ridden neighborhoods, improve the administration of justice, meet the needs of crime victims, and find new ways to address problems such as gang violence, prison crowding, juvenile crime, and white-collar crime. Most of the work is accomplished through grants, though some research and technical assistance is also provided.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game