Office of Government Ethics(OGE)Agency
Legal Definition of Office of Government Ethics
independent agency charged with preventing conflicts of interest among executive branch officers and agencies and with overseeing standards of ethical conduct that apply to all executive agencies. The OGE issues rules and regulations pertaining to ethics standards for executive agencies; ensures compliance with executive branch financial disclosure requirements; orders corrective action when necessary; provides ethics training and program assistance; and recommends new legislation or amendments as appropriate.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game