Office of Government Ethics(OGE)Agency
Legal Definition of Office of Government Ethics
independent agency charged with preventing conflicts of interest among executive branch officers and agencies and with overseeing standards of ethical conduct that apply to all executive agencies. The OGE issues rules and regulations pertaining to ethics standards for executive agencies; ensures compliance with executive branch financial disclosure requirements; orders corrective action when necessary; provides ethics training and program assistance; and recommends new legislation or amendments as appropriate.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game