Definition of z distribution
: a probability density function and especially a normal distribution that has a mean equal to zero and a standard deviation equal to one and that is used especially in testing hypotheses about means or proportions of samples drawn from populations whose population standard deviations are known — compare z-test
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game