Definition of z distribution
: a probability density function and especially a normal distribution that has a mean equal to zero and a standard deviation equal to one and that is used especially in testing hypotheses about means or proportions of samples drawn from populations whose population standard deviations are known — compare z-test
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game