you know what I meanidiom
Definition of you know what I mean
—used to suggest that the hearer agrees with and understands what has been said or to ask whether he or she does I grew up there, you know what I mean, so I know what it's like.He's kind of strange. Do you know what I mean?He's kind of strange, if you know what I mean. —sometimes used in the shortened form know what I mean He's kind of strange—know what I mean?
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?