xy·lo·tile | \ ˈzīləˌtīl\
Definition of xylotile
: a mineral approximately (Mg,Fe)3Fe2Si7O20.11H2O that is a hydrous iron magnesium silicate, occurs in delicately fibrous forms, and is derived from alteration of asbestos or chrysolite
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?