variants: or Wolffian ridge
Definition of wolffian ridge
1 : a longitudinal ridge on either side of the trunk in some vertebrate embryos (as of the chick) from which the limb buds arise
2 : a slight ridge on either side of the midline in vertebrate embryos giving rise to the mesonephros
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- Must 'Collide' Mean Two Moving Objects?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?