within view ofidiom
Definition of within view of
: capable of being seen from (a place) : capable of seeing (someone) or being seen by (someone) The museum is within view of our hotel. The soldiers were within view of the enemy.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game