Definition of witchweed
: any of a genus (Striga) of yellow-flowered Old World plants of the snapdragon family that are damaging root parasites of grasses (such as sorghum and corn) and that include one (S. asiatica) which is an introduced pest in parts of the southeastern U.S.
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game