wipe the slate cleanidiom
Definition of wipe the slate clean
: to forget all the things that have happened or been done and start doing something again : to start again from the very beginning She wishes she could wipe the slate clean and start over in a different career.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game