vi·nyl·pyridine | \ ¦vīnᵊl+\
Definition of vinylpyridine
: any of three liquid isomeric bases CH2=CHC5H4N synthesized in various ways and used to introduce basic sites in polymer chains by copolymerizing with other vinyl-containing monomers (as acrylonitrile or styrene)
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game