Definition of unoaked
: not aged in oak barrels an unoaked chardonnay As early as the 1980s, New Zealand winemakers experimented with aging Sauvignon Blanc in oak barrels, some of which were highly awarded. But the commercial success and lower costs associated with unoaked wines led most wineries to adopt that style.— Joe Czerwinski
Keep scrolling for more
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game