uni·nominal | \ "+\
Definition of uninominal
2a : having, relating to, or consisting of a single name or identifying term Reba may have lost her “McEntire”—putting her in the same category as such hype-centered uninominal divas as Madonna, Cher and Charo … — People, 6 July 1998
b : of, relating to, or constituting a system of nomenclature in which items have single names
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?