Definition of ultrarealistic
: extremely realistic: such as
a : very accurately representing what is natural or real an ultrarealistic video game ultrarealistic special effects An entire chapter dedicated to Eakins's ultrarealist operating room depiction, The Gross Clinic (1875) proves illuminating all the way through. — Publishers Weekly Reviews : very convincingly rendered to appear natural an ultrarealistic prosthetic arm
b : extremely pragmatic or sensible : guided by or based on an unusually clear sense of what is real rather than what is wanted or hoped for an ultrarealistic person/strategy
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game