ubiquitarianadjective, often capitalized
ubiq·ui·tar·i·an | \ (¦)yü¦bikwə¦ta(a)rēən\
Definition of ubiquitarian
(Entry 1 of 2)
: of or relating to the doctrine of the Ubiquitarians
Definition of Ubiquitarian (Entry 2 of 2)
: one of a school of Lutheran clergymen holding that as Christ is omnipresent his body is everywhere (as in the Eucharist)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Buck Naked' or 'Butt Naked'?
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game