tu·ti·or·ism | \ ˈt(y)üshēəˌrizəm, -ütē-\
Definition of tutiorism
: a viewpoint in the probabilistic controversy that the argument favoring liberty as distinguished from law must be either certain or the most probable of all possible opinions to furnish a basis for action — compare probabilism sense 2
Keep scrolling for more
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game