turn·ta·bling | \ ˈtərn-ˌtā-b(ə-)liŋ\
Definition of turntabling
: the creative alteration of recorded music through the manipulation of phonograph records and needles and a mixer by a DJ Eventually the roles of DJs and rappers were split, due largely to the growing demands of turntabling.— John Minton, 78 Blues, 2008
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?