variants: or less commonly tron \ ˈträn \
Definition of trone
: one of various weighing machines specifically : one for heavy wares having two horizontal bars crossing each other and beaked at the extremities
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game